This week, to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, the Debs are talking about luck!
Finding an agent was three years of hard work but once I did, things went much more smoothly. I’m not entirely sure how much luck plays into anything, but in the fall of 2015, I had this awesome fortune, which I immediately tweeted out to my agent, Amaryah Orenstein.
It turned out to be a fantastic sign! Two weeks later she called me to tell me that Touchstone was interested in my book. Then this one came along after we had agreed to come on board. Don’t judge me for the bad Chinese food…I work in close proximity to a mall and well, sometimes bad Chinese food happens.
I’ve been collecting fortunes for several years now and have amassed several hundred which are jam-packed into a Hello Kitty tin that a friend gave me long ago. I have some completely ridiculous ones in the batch.
While I don’t place much stock in fortune cookies, I do have some other weird superstitions that I stubbornly adhere to (like crossing my fingers when looking for a parking space…always always do this, which I realize is ridiculous). Also, when a clock shows duplicate numbers such as 10:10 or 1:11 or 5:55 I always make a wish. And no I won’t tell you what I wish for!
Latest posts by Crystal King (see all)
- Gender Bias In the World of Writing - May 22, 2017
- Interview with Melodie Winawer+ #DebBallGiveaway of THE SCRIBE OF SIENA - May 20, 2017
- Vice: A Catalog - May 15, 2017
- It’s DEB JENNI’S LAUNCH WEEK and Crystal King is ‘Bonnie Parker’ from BECOMING BONNIE - May 8, 2017
- Interview with Leah DeCesare + #DebBallGiveaway of FORKS, KNIVES AND SPOONS - May 6, 2017