It was the day before Valentine’s and all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, except for the kid who was supposed to be sleeping but instead was chanting “mama truck mama truck” in his crib.
Mama would prefer to be snug in her bed
But her car won’t start and there’s an ache in her head
Then all of a sudden there came such a clatter
Because into a pan she was pouring some batter
You see, when your day stinks, you simply must make
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bake
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 T. oil
- 1 t. vanilla (we here in Madison like Penzey’s)
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. flour
- 1/3 c. delicious add-in of your choice
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 1/8 t. salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In one bowl mix the wet stuff (sugar through eggs).
In another mix the dry (flour through salt).
Combine the two bowls just until blended.
Pour into a 8×8 oiled pan.
Bake 25 minutes.
What you get hardly tastes like peanut butter at all, but is a perfectly delicious, not at all oily, creamy, moist way to make blondies without a speck of butter. Baked, they taste like raw cookie dough but without the thrilling risk of salmonella. You can use whatever you want for the add-ins–be it nuts, toffees, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, reese’s pieces, even a special bar of dark chocolate chopped up into lovely shards. When I make it for the BLB who is very very allergic to dairy, I will use Enjoy Life brand chocolate chips. This is an ideal recipe to cook up for your valentine or eat by the pan-full using only a spatula. We here at the Deb Ball don’t judge.
Happy Valentine’s Eve to you all and to all a sweet bite!
Latest posts by KellyW (see all)
- Goodbye, Hello! - Wednesday, August 28, 2013
- The Journey So Far… - Wednesday, August 14, 2013
- What Deb Kelly Doesn’t Know Could Fill a Book - Wednesday, August 7, 2013
- Deb Kelly Loves The End - Wednesday, July 31, 2013
- When reading is murder–getting through hard times at the keyboard - Wednesday, July 24, 2013