I opened up my purse and dumped it onto the table. I was hoping that there might be something really interesting that had fallen to the bottom- but nope. Based on the contents of my purse I am the most boring person alive.
My purse contains the following:
– one cell phone
– one Moleskin journal to write down inspiration for new novel (or grocery list)
– one pen that works
– one pen that is out of ink, but that I keep seemingly in a desperate hope that someday the ink fairy will come and heal it Lazarus style
– wallet (contains one credit card, driver’s license and sundry cards for discounts at different stores and reciepts that I swear some day I’m going to organize)
– one tampon in case of emergency
– one pack of gum
– one tube Bert’s Bees minty lip balm
– one scrap of paper with a random note to myself that I have no idea what it means anymore- but I can’t throw it out because I have the vague feeling it could be important
My purse is more famous for what it doesn’t have in it. I am always the person who never has a stamp or enough change for the meter. I always forget to put my lip stick in there so by the end of the day any make up is long gone. Every time I get a headache I search through the bag- but I’ve never come across a container of Advil in there. Once I showed up for a flight and realized that I didn’t even have my driver’s license in my purse for some reason and had to talk my way onto the flight based on my gym membership card. I never have the needed safety pin to save myself from certain fashion disaster.
I want to be the kind of person who has all sorts of James Bond type gadgets in their purse. I have a friend who can pull out enough snacks from her purse to serve a full buffet. Sometimes I buy large purses withe idea that I’ll starting carrying all of this stuff around, but it never happens.
The moral of this story is that if I am ever dropped on a deserted island with nothing but the contents of my purse- I will not survive.
Unless I remembered to charge the cell phone of course…
Latest posts by Eileen (see all)
- The Second Time Around - Saturday, January 3, 2009
- Cancer is a Bitch- but Gail isn’t by Deb Eileen - Saturday, October 4, 2008
- I Never Knew When To Leave A Party- By (long term) Deb Eileen - Friday, August 22, 2008
- Food just tastes better when you set it on fire by Deb Eileen - Friday, August 1, 2008
- Heavy Lifting and Monty Python…by Deb Eileen - Friday, July 18, 2008