This week the Debs are checking in to see where we are with those resolutions we set forth during the first week of January.
Ok, here is what I resolved.
- Read 75+ books this year.
- Finish THE SECRET CHEF.
- Spit out a bunch of bylines about the world of ancient Rome and Apicius. That book promotion thing.
- Promote the hell out of FEAST OF SORROW.
I can safely say that I’m pretty much on track with all of these.
- I’ve read 52 books so far this year. I’ve actually even boosted my goal to 100 books this year and I think I’ll hit it, or come close!
- The book launch threw me off quite a bit when it came to sitting down and writing more, but I’m back on track now and my goal is to finish the book and have the draft cleaned up by the end of July. I’m SO excited about this book!
- I haven’t done as much in this arena as I still want to do, but fortunately I have a whole six months ahead of me.
- I’ve pulled out all the stops. Facebook ads, giveaways, networking galore, readings, literary festivals, and even dinner recreations of Apicius’s meals. It’s exciting to be able to take what I do in my professional life (social media, marketing and PR) and apply it to my own book!
How are you doing with your resolutions?
Latest posts by Crystal King (see all)
- All Good Things… - Monday, August 28, 2017
- Wow, What a Whirlwind Debut Year! - Monday, August 21, 2017
- My 2017 in Books – What I’ve Read, What I’ve Loved - Monday, August 14, 2017
- The Second Time Around - Monday, August 7, 2017
- Can You Guess How To Pronounce Apicius? - Monday, July 31, 2017