This week the Debs are talking about our support networks. Who helps keep us on track? Who cheers us on? Who gives it to us like it is?
I’ve got a long list of people who help bolster me and keep me afloat:
- My husband, Joe, who is my best friend, my partner in crime, my chef, my biggest supporter and the love of my life.
- The Grub Street writing community. The staff, the board, the instructors and the amazing network of friends and fellow writers that I have the great fortune to be part of. There are FAR too many people to thank by name in this group of supportive people.
- The Salt + Radish Writers, my writing group, who has championed my book for nearly a decade.
- My SUPER AGENT – Amaryah Orenstein, at GO Literary, who has been a partner to me from the very beginning. I knew from her reaction to the first time I told her about my book that she was going to be a big force in my life.
- My super close circle of girlfriends, Leanna, Melissa and Linette, all of whom live far away from me now.
- My friend Greg McCormick, who I’ve been talking books and authors with since we were eighteen years old, even running an online literary magazine, The Plum Ruby Review, together.
- My kitties, who keep me sane and calm when I sometimes feel like the world is falling apart.
- My wide network of wonderful, talented and amazing friends. I’m truly blessed to know so many incredible, diverse people.
- The ’17 Scribes, a group of authors writing adult novels that are debuting in 2017. To have others on this crazy journey with me is such a relief.
And last but not least, I am incredibly thankful for my fellow Debutantes, Amy Poeppel, Lynn K. Hall, Jenni L. Walsh, and Tiffany D. Jackson. I love their books, I love their wit, I love their POV and I love that we are in this together.