I knew launch week was going to be great, but I didn’t realize just how fabulous and heady and exhausting and thrilling and joyous it would be. My god. Having my fellow debs along for the ride has been so great. We are a super team of cheerleaders for each other, and I’m so appreciative. Between a Facebook online party and Twitter shout-outs, between guest blog posts and an Authors on the Air interview, between the debs spreading the word and another good review, I feel like I’ve blitzed the world!
Not only that, right now I’m at the Left Coast Crime conference in Monterey, California. A conference filled to the brim with crime writers, readers, and fans. It’s perfect timing — we can talk about just how exhausted I am some other time — and everyone has been SOOOOOO supportive and excited on my behalf. Today was the first day of the conference, and my initial stack of books in the book room sold out within a few hours! Apparently, I was the fastest selling author (for awhile at least).
I’m telling you, thrilling.
And then to be signing books from old friends who’ve been excited to read it, and new friends, and perfect strangers!!!! My god.
Seriously, I feel replete. A dream come true. This is far more momentous than I thought it would be.
Tomorrow morning I’ll be introducing the novel at the New Authors Breakfast along with the other debut authors here at the conference. Am I nervous? Yep. I’m always nervous when it comes to public speaking — even when I’ll be speaking for less than a minute! But what an honor for this opportunity to be nervous.
Time for bed! ZZZZ. My first day at the conference:
Latest posts by Lisa Alber (see all)
- The New Deb Line-Up Begins Monday — Please Welcome the Class of 2015! - Saturday, August 30, 2014
- The Last Goodbye, the Last Blog Post, and All Good Things - Friday, August 29, 2014
- An Era Almost Ends — the 2014 Debs and Some of Our Favorite Posts - Saturday, August 23, 2014
- Hey, I’m Not Thinking About My Next Novel At All (Kidding) - Friday, August 22, 2014
- Robin Williams, Me, and Doing It Differently - Friday, August 15, 2014