Every time you do something slightly unexpected, it’s an act of rebellion. Tuesday seems like a good day for rebellion, don’t you think?
It doesn’t have to be anything huge (but it can be). Go out of character, step out of your comfort zone, have a conversation with someone new. Or start doing that one thing you’ve always said you wanted to do when you get a chance…
4 Reasons You Should Start Now
1. Having a plan is great. Having every last thing in your life go according to that plan is not so great. Dream so big you surprise yourself.
2. Starting over is not quitting, is not failure. It’s letting go of something that’s not working to grab hold of something that, well, just might.
3. If you think you’re too late now, imagine how you’ll feel 15 years from now.
4. I made this post short on purpose. That leaves time for one small act of rebellion! Step away from your desk and go for a short walk. Write a sentence of that story you’ve been wanting to write. Call a friend and talk for 5 minutes (texts don’t count). Do something that’ll make today different.
Latest posts by Natalia Sylvester (see all)
- What It Really All Meant, In the End - Tuesday, August 26, 2014
- Book 2 Is Coming Soon, Eventually, Someday… - Tuesday, August 19, 2014
- Renee Swindle on Letting Go of the Rules + GIVEAWAY of A Pinch of Ooh La La! - Saturday, August 16, 2014
- The One Thing I Hope to Do Differently for the Next Book - Tuesday, August 12, 2014
- Anish Majumdar on Writing About Mental Illness, Fiction as Truth + Giveaway of THE ISOLATION DOOR - Saturday, August 9, 2014