This has been an amazing year! I’ve learned so much — about publishing, about myself as a writer, about the writing and reading community. I’m so thankful I had the opportunity to write for the blog every week, to push me to think about topics I might not have otherwise. I have four amazing friends who have my back, and I’m so thankful for that.
The writing community is a small one. You encounter the same people again and again. So I know it’s not goodbye, but a see you later. If you’re a reader, thank you for following along with my journey. Thank you for buying and reviewing my book. Thank you for your support. If you’re a writer, I want to add encouragement to keep writing. Keep revising. Keep querying. There is no secret to this industry other than grit and perseverance. The talent and success will come with work. So keep working. Know that I’m cheering for you, that I want you to succeed. There is room on the shelf for everyone, so remember to always look behind you to pull someone else up.
And best of luck to next year’s Debs! I have every confidence they will keep this space interesting and relevant and entertaining.
Latest posts by Julie Clark (see all)
- The New Debs: Please Welcome the Class of 2019! - Saturday, September 1, 2018
- Farewell and See You Soon! - Thursday, August 30, 2018
- [News Flash] August 26, 2018 - Sunday, August 26, 2018
- Bloopers and Embarrassing Moments - Thursday, August 23, 2018
- [News Flash] August 19, 2018 - Sunday, August 19, 2018