Inspiration is difficult to pin down. At least, that’s the position I’m sticking with. So, I decided to go back in time, not literally (not a time traveler :), but I started thinking about what has inspired me to write—and my answer is writing. Now, I’m not talking about my writing. Although, I wrote my first story when I was seven years old, inspired by Charlie’s Angels, which is not listed here, thankfully. I am talking about storytelling. So, I started thinking about all of those books, plays, and films that I remember because of words written or performed. I guess that’s part of the reason I was a theatre and dance major in college—the performing arts—and worked on a master’s in journalism (well, that doesn’t count, news just news and not entertainment back in the day:).
Most of the images shown here are of books or theatrical plays that captured my imagination, immersing me in the story in such a way that the world became so real, I wanted to hang around long after I finished reading or watching the story. Now, I read most of these books more than a decade ago, if not longer. But I wonder — without spending a lot of time on this — what would your insta-top-12 list look like?
Denny S. Bryce
Latest posts by Denny S. Bryce (see all)
- My Favorite Books: Recent, Childhood, Generally Unforgettable - Tuesday, March 2, 2021
- On the Road with Denny and her Writing CRAFT Journey! - Tuesday, February 9, 2021
- My Agent Journey Began with A Contest… - Friday, January 22, 2021
- Interview with Nancy Johnson, author of THE KINDEST LIE - Wednesday, December 16, 2020
- Inspiration or Just Some Books I’ve Read and Loved - Tuesday, December 8, 2020