I love a lot of things…and people…but here is my list in no particular order.
- Barbecue potato chips. On Valentine’s Day, instead of giving me chocolate, my students bought me many bags of barbecue potato chips because they know that’s what I love!
- A great book that I can’t wait to pick up every day.
- The fact that both of my boys see themselves as “writers” and are working on their own projects at home.
- The fact that my nine-year old loves for me to talk with him while he’s in the bath to help him work through plot problems in his book, “The Adventures of Lemon Drop”.
- Burritos from Pancho’s in Santa Monica
- The fact that my twelve-year old still loves to tell me all the details from his school day.
- Talking through plot problems with my own writing partners or experts. Just the other day I talked for an hour with a former FBI agent about a character in my next book. And I loved the conversations I had with the geneticist I worked with on The Ones We Choose.
- Donuts from a real bakery.
- Coffee with heavy cream.
- The group text with my college friends that’s been running for six years and counting. We’ve gotten each other through a LOT of stuff.
- The fact that people I never expected to hear from have come out of the woodwork and my past to be genuinely excited about the release of The Ones We Choose. Thank you!
The Ones We Choose is available for Pre-order!
The following two tabs change content below.
Born and raised in Santa Monica, California, Julie Clark grew up reading books on the beach while everyone else surfed. After attending college at University of the Pacific, and a brief stint working in the athletic department at University of California, Berkeley, she returned home to Santa Monica to teach. She now lives there with her two young sons and a golden doodle with poor impulse control. Her debut, THE ONES WE CHOOSE, will be published by Gallery/Simon & Schuster in May 2018.
Latest posts by Julie Clark (see all)
- The New Debs: Please Welcome the Class of 2019! - Saturday, September 1, 2018
- Farewell and See You Soon! - Thursday, August 30, 2018
- [News Flash] August 26, 2018 - Sunday, August 26, 2018
- Bloopers and Embarrassing Moments - Thursday, August 23, 2018
- [News Flash] August 19, 2018 - Sunday, August 19, 2018