Today, we are talking about the authors we’re fangirling over in June!
Below are the books that are currently on my bookshelf. These three authors are all fabulous, and I highly recommend you buy each of their books! You can do it! It’s only three!
By Helen Oyeyemi
Helen Oyeyemi’s work is weird and twisted and brilliant, and I’m thoroughly enjoying her latest novel filled with gingerbread, dolls, and creepiest of all: school parent associations.
WILLA & HESPER
By Amy Feltman
Amy Feltman’s debut novel is taking me a while to read only because it’s filled with clever sentences that keep making me look up from my book in contemplation. I’m loving this book about longing, belonging, and place.
By Angie Cruz
This is the first book I’ve read by Angie Cruz and I’m upset with myself over that! This book about migration, girlhood, and coming-of-age, though set in the 60s, feels so relevant and real to me that it gave me a new lens through which to look at my own life and the things I grew up believing. You should read it, but unless you have a galley (like me, he, he, he) you’ll have to wait until September when it publishes.
So there you have it! Three new authors to fangirl over! Buy their books and then call me, OK, so we can talk about how great they are!
Latest posts by Stephanie Jimenez (see all)
- TEMPER is a sizzling summer read! - Thursday, July 11, 2019
- Interview with Loan Le, Author of A PHO LOVE STORY: “One book doesn’t define our writing style.” - Saturday, June 22, 2019
- June book club: 3 books to read, no more, no less! - Thursday, June 20, 2019
- Is your book coming out next year? Become a Deb! - Friday, June 7, 2019
- Where should you study writing? Here’s where I’ve taken great workshops - Thursday, May 23, 2019