So, I don’t really know what to write this week, other than to say my release day was a perfect culmination of many years of hard work. I was able to interact with a lot of readers across many different platforms. The response to The Ones We Choose has been overwhelmingly positive, which, as a debut author, gives me confidence to push forward and keep writing. My editor sent me a lovely note, and my agent sent me a lovely gift, both of them cheering me on and telling me how proud they are of me, and how much they love working with me.
So that felt good.
But what felt the best was walking into my local Barnes and Noble store and seeing my book prominently displayed on the new release table. Not in the back, not on a shelf upstairs, buried among all the other books written by people whose last names start with the letter “C”, but front-of-store placement. Which is not always guaranteed for debut writers.
And as my editor said after I sent her the picture, “That’s the best present an author can get…seeing their book in a store!”
She’s absolutely right.
You can now BUY The Ones We Choose at any bookstore. Or online:
Latest posts by Julie Clark (see all)
- The New Debs: Please Welcome the Class of 2019! - Saturday, September 1, 2018
- Farewell and See You Soon! - Thursday, August 30, 2018
- [News Flash] August 26, 2018 - Sunday, August 26, 2018
- Bloopers and Embarrassing Moments - Thursday, August 23, 2018
- [News Flash] August 19, 2018 - Sunday, August 19, 2018