Last week we talked about the DARK MOMENT and this week we turn the tables. So when did I think I might succeed? To me this is never one moment or one day, but a series of small accomplishments and then BIG ONES. Sometimes a small point of light, others, a flood to illuminate my path.
When I finished the first draft of the book
When an agent requested to see pages
Each time I opened my inbox (5 million times per day)
The day I signed with my agent
When the book sold (!!!!!!!)
When did I think I might succeed? Over and over again, after a dark day blew over, a spark of hope reignited in my chest and that ol’ Little Engine That Could roared its engine once more. Now, at T minus 5 days until launch, that spark has become a flame burning brighter, hotter. My head plays one mantra: THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING and I’m so grateful, my heart is bursting. So just as there’s a time for THE DARK MOMENT, there is a time for light. And I am bathed in its glow.
For those who doubt if they will succeed, never let that spark of hope go out.
Latest posts by Heather Webb (see all)
- Agent Interview with Michelle Brower: On Pitch Sessions, Her Dream Project, & Industry Gossip - January 20, 2016
- Where Are They Now? An Update from Deb Alum Heather Webb - May 7, 2015
- So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye… - August 28, 2014
- Book Two Updates: The Countdown to Rodin’s Lover Begins - August 21, 2014
- Looking Back is a Historical Author’s Favorite Past Time, Unless We’re Talking Launches - August 14, 2014