I am pleased to announce that, effective as of today, The Debutante Ball is sponsored exclusively by Amazon!
We didn’t want to announce the sponsorship decision until all the details were set, but we’re very excited to usher in the brand-new Debutante Ball. In the coming weeks, you can expect to see some fantastic new features here at the Amazon Ball.
Among the highlights:
– Special guests selected by our sponsor
– Newsflashes and updates about new and exciting Amazon finds
– Beautiful images, direct from Amazon
And, of course, our regularly scheduled Debutante Posts.
We know some authors and readers have objected to seeing Amazon everywhere, and particularly to the increasing control Amazon exerts on the publishing landscape. To this, we say “nonsense.” Amazon’s territory is actually decreasing and its future survival may well depend on the visibility it gains from sponsoring formerly independent blogs like this one.
What does this mean for you, the reader?
– More information about Amazon products, and easier click-through ordering straight from this site.
– Fewer posts about Debutantes’ personal lives, and more about how Amazon has improved our lives.
– 100% more APRIL FOOL.*
*Check the date. Check who’s posting (on a Monday) … and if any doubt remains, check one of those links.
Be honest. How many of you did I catch?
Latest posts by Susan Spann (see all)
- So Long, And Thanks for All the Fish. - August 29, 2013
- Class of 2013’s Farewell Newsflash: August 25, 2013 - August 25, 2013
- Deb Susan’s Fish … are Friends - August 22, 2013
- Deb Linda’s QUICK FIX - August 17, 2013
- Deb Susan’s Journey is Full of Stars - August 15, 2013