I had a hard time debating the title for this post (side note: yes, this is how I spend my days, coming up with good titles for my posts rather than finishing my option material for Berkley). It was a dead heat between “Room with a Moo” and “Click, Clack, Moo” (the title of a darling children’s book by Doreen Cronin and Betsy Lewin), and the latter was obviously the winner.
What’s up with all the mooing? I guess that’s because when I write, if I were to look up and out the window, I’d be face-to-face with a cow. Or two.
Okay, I’m exaggerating a bit – they’re not THAT close. But they’re pretty close – definitely within mooing distance. And if I wanted to give them the stink eye, they’d see it, guaranteed.
When I write, their bovine bellows are a gentle reminder that my reality of Paradise is probably different from what most people think (“You live in Hawaii? You must be at the beach every day!”). Granted, I’m not far from the beach, about 15-20 minutes away (that, and you need to drop about 2500 feet down the defunct volcano that we live on – how’s that for glamorous?), but our quiet little “green” town of Waimea is cowboy country, and at night we’re not sleeping under the hula moon beneath a palm tree, but burrowed in flannel PJ’s under down comforters.
Are there things about your life that are more fiction than fact?
Latest posts by Mia (see all)
- Deb Mia is Still Dancing … and a Giveaway! - Tuesday, April 5, 2011
- The Good Life by Deb Mia - Thursday, August 21, 2008
- Here’s a Little Something to Warm You Up by Deb Mia - Saturday, December 22, 2007
- Mama Mia – Here We Go Again by Founder Mia - Saturday, November 17, 2007
- PMS is a Good Thing by Founder Mia - Saturday, September 8, 2007