Elixir is the YA novel I co-wrote with Hilary Duff.
Let me just blow out of the water any preconceptions about celebrity writers — or at least, about this celebrity writer. Elixir is Hilary’s book. By the time I entered the picture, she already had the concept, the main characters, and a strong sense of the story she wanted to tell. My job, which I enjoyed tremendously, was to help her flesh out all of the above, then work with her to turn it from a great idea into a full-fledged novel.
In other words, we spent many, many hours sitting together on our laptops.
I can’t say enough great things about Hilary. She’s a terrific person, with a strong story sense and a remarkable ear for dialogue. I loved working with her, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts about Elixir.
I hope you like it!
P.S. You can check out the synopsis, reviews and all kinds of other info about the book here. And if you happen to be near the TV for The Today Show this morning, or for Live With Regis and Kelly tomorrow, check out Hilary’s appearances. I’ll be TiVo-ing both!
Latest posts by Elise Allen (see all)
- Deb Elise Sings Pomp and Circumstance - Monday, August 22, 2011
- Deb Elise Worships J.K. Rowling’s Characters - Monday, August 15, 2011
- Deb Elise Loves It, But Doesn’t Do It Enough - Monday, August 8, 2011
- Deb Elise Would TOTALLY Stow Away With Deb Tawna’s Making Waves Crew! - Monday, August 1, 2011
- Deb Elise on Populazzi, and her Least Favorite Aerosmith Song - Monday, July 25, 2011