OK, I confess: I’ve daydreamed about walking the red carpet for a movie premier of a film based on a novel of mine. And yes, I’d wear something fabulous and sparkly and get a babysitter for the kids! Will it happen? Probably not. But it’s still fun to think about. In the movie version of The Violets of March (remember, we’re daydreaming here), my vote for Emily? Rachel McAdams.
For Jack, Bradley Cooper (but he’d have to dye his hair darker and wear brown contact lenses—think he could pull that off?):
They’d make a pretty great couple, no?
Writers, do you sometimes dream about seeing your story hit the big screen? Readers, do you get excited about a favorite book hitting the theaters, or do you worry you won’t love it as much, or that it will skew your image of the characters?
Latest posts by Sarah Jio (see all)
- Deb Sarah Says (Sniffle) Goodbye … and Hello - August 25, 2011
- Deb Sarah Steals Character Traits for Her Books From Friends & Family - August 18, 2011
- Deb Sarah Congratulates Deb Tawna, and Has a Confession… - August 4, 2011
- Deb Sarah Is Having a POPULAZZI Love Fest! - July 28, 2011
- Deb Sarah’s Dream Notebook - July 21, 2011