I think of myself as a laid back person. This approach to life comes in part because of my day job. I work as a counsellor for people who have had catastrophic injuries and illness. It’s hard to complain about things like lip gloss that is too sticky when someone starts telling you about how they are dealing with burns, paraplegia or brain cancer (even though my hair gets stuck in the lip gloss and then I find it in my mouth and it really bugs me- who wants to floss with human hair? not me.)
However, since the topic is pet peeves I started to think of all the things that bug me. It then occurred to me that I’m not nearly as laid back as I thought. It turns out I am a seething mass of annoyances once I start thinking about it. Things that bug me, in no particular order:
– People who drive giant SUVs and park in small car spots. If you are driving anything that has a home entertainment system in the back, sits more than four people or is capable of transporting a sofa- YOU HAVE A LARGE CAR. Go park in the back.
– When there is a long line at Starbucks and the person waits until they get to the front to start thinking about what they want to order. What were they thinking about when they were in line? hmmm?
– People who ask stupid questions- and yes, there are stupid questions. For example- if I am holding a stapler and using it to staple documents don’t ask “are you using that?” or asking the person at WalMart wearing the blue vest with the stupid buttons all over it and a name tag if they work there.
– People who bring stinky items for lunch at work (yes you fish left over people- I’m talking to you) and then use the microwave to heat them up subjecting the rest of us to yesterday fish smell for the rest of the day.
– Telemarketers who manage to call when something really good is on TV.
– Dr. Phil showing up to “help” Britney Spears. Just leave her alone- the girl needs real help, not a talk show host.
Whew, I feel better. Get it off your chest- what bugs you?
Latest posts by Eileen (see all)
- The Second Time Around - Saturday, January 3, 2009
- Cancer is a Bitch- but Gail isn’t by Deb Eileen - Saturday, October 4, 2008
- I Never Knew When To Leave A Party- By (long term) Deb Eileen - Friday, August 22, 2008
- Food just tastes better when you set it on fire by Deb Eileen - Friday, August 1, 2008
- Heavy Lifting and Monty Python…by Deb Eileen - Friday, July 18, 2008