When I got my book deal, way back in 2008, I had to keep it secret until it was announced in Publisher’s Weekly. Now, there’s SECRET and there’s “secret.” I counted this as the kind of secret where I could tell my family. So I called my dad.
He was awestruck and silent. Then he said: “This is the proudest I’ve ever been.” Pause. “Except for the day I married your mother.”
Isn’t that just the sweetest compliment EVER??
I should add that I have three siblings, of whom Dad is equally proud, with whom I share the honor of second place.
Here is a pic of Dad’s first-place proudest day:
Latest posts by Emily Winslow (see all)
- So long, farewell…by Emily Winslow - August 23, 2010
- If you like my book… by Emily Winslow - August 16, 2010
- Invitations are tricky! by Emily Winslow - August 9, 2010
- Last Deb book of the year: Alicia’s Simply from Scratch - August 2, 2010
- Junk Week, by Emily Winslow - July 26, 2010