Pick one favorite literary character? Are you kidding me? How do you choose a single favorite?
One of the things I like best about books is the ability to lose yourself in the story, in the lives of fictional characters. I find this fascinating that we can care so much over someone who doesn’t exist. I’ve cried- and I don’t mean a small sniffle- I mean the full on weep – over people I know are made up. I’ve wanted to write the author and beg them for a do over. Or for one more book-just one more so I can catch up on their new adventures.
There are books that I re-read because I want a chance to stop in and see how my imaginary friends are doing. This is also why I have such a hard time getting rid of books- how can you just chuck out a friend?
Which captures you most- characters or plot?
Latest posts by Eileen (see all)
- The Second Time Around - Saturday, January 3, 2009
- Cancer is a Bitch- but Gail isn’t by Deb Eileen - Saturday, October 4, 2008
- I Never Knew When To Leave A Party- By (long term) Deb Eileen - Friday, August 22, 2008
- Food just tastes better when you set it on fire by Deb Eileen - Friday, August 1, 2008
- Heavy Lifting and Monty Python…by Deb Eileen - Friday, July 18, 2008