From the 2013 Debs…
Deb Kerry is in waiting mode after turning in Book Two to her editor.
Deb Susan devoured Deb Kerry’s upcoming fantasy novel BETWEEN in a single night – and absolutely loved it! Here’s a link to her five-star Goodreads review.
Deb Amy has been working on her page proofs! They’re beautiful!
Past Deb News
– Warm holiday greetings and aloha from Founder Deb Mia King aka Darien Gee (or is it the other way around? I need to figure that one out!). My next novel, The Avalon Ladies Scrapbooking Society, written as Darien Gee, hits bookshelves on January 29, 2013. Publisher’s Weekly called it “irresistible….a surefire book club hit” and it’s received lovely endorsements from Debbie Macomber, Isabel Wolff, and our own Sarah Jio.
I’m hosting a “12 Days of Kitchen Giveaway” over at my virtual kitchen and home of my first Darien Gee novel, Friendship Bread (Friendship Bread Kitchen). This daily giveaway includes an ARC a day of my upcoming novel (I’ll be giving away 12), along with one AMAZING prize daily (think cake stands, Bundt pans, scrabooking supplies, and oh yeah, a Kindle Fire!). It starts December 7, 2012 and ends December 18, 2012. I hope you’ll all be able to join in on the fun!
– A big Debutante Ball congratulations to Deb Jess Riley on the recent release of her new novel, All the Lonely People! After losing her beloved mother to cancer, 37-year-old Jaime Collins must confront the ugly fact that she and her siblings don’t actually like one another. At all. Fueled by grief and an epic argument at Thanksgiving dinner, Jaime decides to ‘divorce’ her siblings and posts an ad on Craigslist for a new family for Christmas. What happens next is a heartwarming, funny, and surprising journey to forgiveness and healing. Is blood really thicker than water? And how far do we have to go to find our way back home again? Dedicated to anyone who ever wanted to unfriend a relative on Facebook, All the Lonely People is about family: those you make, and those you make peace with. A perfect gift for anyone on your holiday list!
– And Congratulations to Founder Deb Eileen Cook on the December 4 release of THE ALMOST TRUTH: Sadie can’t wait to get away from her backwards small town, her delusional mom, her jailbird dad, and the tiny trailer where she was raised…even though leaving those things behind also means leaving Brendan. Sadie wants a better life, and she has been working steadily toward it, one con at a time. But when Sadie’s mother wipes out Sadie’s savings, her escape plan is suddenly gone. She needs to come up with a lot of cash—and fast—or she’ll be stuck in this town forever. With Brendan’s help, she devises a plan—the ultimate con—to get the money. But the more lies Sadie spins, the more she starts falling for her own hoax…and perhaps for the wrong boy. Sadie wanted to change her life, but she wasn’t prepared to have it flipped upside down by her own deception. With her future at stake and her heart on the line, suddenly it seems like she has a lot more than just money to lose….
We’ve got a lot of Holiday releases from the Debutante Sisterhood this year!
Deb Dish – In life, do you try to avoid conflict or meet it head-on?
Deb Amy: I’m conflict-averse. It was a real lesson for me to learn to write intense conflict in my books and stories.
Deb Dana: Like Amy, I am conflict-averse. And I’m not just saying that to avoid conflict with Amy and my fellow Debs.
Deb Kerry: Conflict. Ugh. Shudder. I hate it and will avoid it until avoiding it is uglier than engaging. In writing, though – well that’s a different story and I hear I’m supposed to write a blog post about that.
Deb Susan: In life, I’m about as conflict-averse as a human being can be. In fiction, however, all bets – and the gloves – are off.
Your Turn!! How do you prefer to deal with conflict? Does it make a difference who you’re in conflict with?
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- News Flash: Kicking off the New Year with Heather Webb’s Launch! - Sunday, January 5, 2014
- Newsflash: August 18, 2013 - Sunday, August 18, 2013
- Newsflash: August 11, 2013 – Meet Your New Debs! - Sunday, August 11, 2013
- Newsflash: August 4, 2013 - Sunday, August 4, 2013
- Newsflash: June 30, 2013 - Sunday, June 30, 2013