I used to be a night person. Ideas percolated all day, while I was in school or at work. Finally, at night, I was free to imagine and write. I’d often stay up quite late. Sometimes, in the case of deadlines, all night.
I’m turning 40 this year. Dude, I can’t pull that off any more. By evening my brain is used up. I can do some decent brainstorming, but not so much with the productive word counts. And all-nighters are no more. Interruptions to my sleep cause actual migraines. Midnight is as late as I go, and even that catches up with me if I do it too much.
But I can’t really claim to be a morning person either. I don’t hop out of bed ready to take on the day. I roll out of bed and lurch toward coffee. But, after savoring the cup and catching up with email and blogs, I can be nicely productive. So what does that make me? A mid-morning person??
For those of you who, like me, look forward to that morning cuppa, I’d like to point out the Aeropress. It’s a dandy little way to make good, STRONG coffee simply and with easy cleanup. I love this thing.
A poll for coffee drinkers:
Do you use
1) Instant (Easy and convenient, but vile.)
2) Drip (Lovely aroma, but comparatively weak result.)
3) French press (Easy and convenient, but comparatively weak result.)
4) Aeropress (Mmmmmmmm.)
5) Fancy machine (Lovely result once you’ve mastered it. Downside: complex and sometimes expensive maintenance.)
6) Coffee shop (Delicious, but expensive. And you have to be properly dressed and socially interact to obtain the beverage. Isn’t the point of coffee to help make dressing and social interaction possible??)
7) Other (Intriguing! Do explain….)
Answer in the comments!