Well, gotta say that I have no opinion about this week’s topic. I’m not interested enough to regale you with the few competitions I have won. Weird, huh? I told my fellow debs I’m having an off week. Guess that means I win the most uninspired blog post award.
Does that count as having the competitive spirit?
I don’t get the competitive thing. I don’t get sports. I barely even get the hubbub over the Olympics. I’d love to be able to say that I’m competitive against myself–but that’s not so true either. I’m a sleepyhead by nature, and I’m hard-pressed not to float through life. I find the energy required for all this authorial stuff–blog tours, etcetera–trying at best.
5 Reasons I’m Not What You’d Call Competitive
1. The statement “I’ll sleep when I die” fills me with existential dread. Not about death–about living without naps.
2. I’m an Aquarius — I’m not sure what-all this means except when you hear “Age of Aquarius” you think of a bunch of pothead dreamers swanning about in nature and talking about free love, don’t you?
3. That other statement, “The early bird gets the worm,” just pisses me off.
4. A big bowl of pasta means more to me than winning.
5. I’m proud of myself when I vacuum the rug. (And reward myself with a nap.)
So, how deep does your competitive streak run?