I had the wonderful good fortune of having attended Danielle’s first signing this past week at a lovely little book store in San Francisco.
We were by then a few days into the fabulous RWA National conference, and I was feeling pretty exhausted by that evening. As we settled into our chairs I worried for a minute that I wouldn’t be able to keep my eyes open, I was that tired. But then Danielle stood up at the dais and began to read from her amazing, fantastic, compelling and completely wow! debut novel, Falling Under. And I was spellbound. Because not only is Danielle an extremely gifted writer, but she’s a talented actress as well. And to hear Danielle put an acting voice to her writer’s voice was quite a treat, and if it was possible to bring alive even more her dynamic novel, she did so at that moment.
Needless to say, I didn’t doze off.
When I started to read Danielle’s novel last fall, I thought I’d pick it up here and there and read it when I had a chance. Instead I hunkered down and blazed through her novel, which is so intense, so clever, so compelling, I truly couldn’t put it down.
If you don’t read this book, you’re missing out.
Congratulations Danielle, on a fabulous debut!
Latest posts by Jenny Gardiner (see all)
- Last but Definitely not Least by Deb Jenny - Tuesday, September 30, 2008
- THE DEBS and Starting Over by Guest Author Susan McBride - Saturday, September 6, 2008
- Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow by Deb Jenny - Tuesday, August 26, 2008
- Two for the Price of One! Welcome Guest Jackie Kessler (and Deb Jen’s post) - Tuesday, August 12, 2008
- Our Own Little Thespian by Deb Jenny - Tuesday, August 5, 2008