I’ve been involved in social networking in one way or another for years. I was an early adopter of the web, of Usenet news, of AOL and Yahoo! chat rooms, and more.
So I got to thinking about where we’ve come from in terms of social networking, and I found this little gem – a graph of social networking usage in September 2007, from Nielsen.
One of the reasons I used very little technology in the world of The Weird Sisters was because I didn’t want to date the book – I wanted someone to be able to read it in five, or ten, or fifteen years and not feel like it was outdated.
Technology is hard to predict, but let’s try. Where do you think we’ll be in three and a half years? Will we still be using Facebook and Twitter? Or will we have something entirely different? Will professional sites like LinkedIn be getting us jobs? What were you using three and a half years ago, and are you still using it now?
Latest posts by Eleanor Brown (see all)
- The Debutante Ball Welcomes (Back) Deb Eleanor! - Saturday, February 4, 2012
- Deb Eleanor’s Debut Year in Numbers - Tuesday, August 23, 2011
- Characters We Love and Loathe, by Deb Eleanor - Tuesday, August 16, 2011
- Be a Homebody With Deb Eleanor - Tuesday, August 9, 2011
- Love, Lust, and Deb Tawna’s MAKING WAVES! (Giveaway!) - Tuesday, August 2, 2011