My secret talent: inside my car, and only in my car, I am a rock star. There must be something special about the inside of the VW Beetle – the acoustics perhaps, given the car’s pleasingly round shape, but I sound fabulous. Strangely, outside of the car I am incapable of carrying a tune. The car is like a Bermuda Triangle of singing talent.
I start small, joining in for the refrain, humming along. After a few miles I am wailing away into my thumb, just like Celine Dion in Las Vegas. My ass sort of bops and up and down in the seat, in a form of what might loosely be described as dancing. Or a seizure. It is a good thing I am buckled down.
My repertoire is quite vast. I do a mean version of Pat Benatar’s I Love Rock and Roll, Juke Box Hero by Foreigner (air guitar riffs optional), or Paradise City by Guns-n-Roses. However, I also love a good show tune and am currently offering a set of Christmas favorites. On very rare occasions, and I’m not proud to admit this, I’ve done Copacabana.
What can I say? It is the hottest spot north of Havana.
What is your favorite car tune?
Latest posts by Eileen (see all)
- The Second Time Around - January 3, 2009
- Cancer is a Bitch- but Gail isn’t by Deb Eileen - October 4, 2008
- I Never Knew When To Leave A Party- By (long term) Deb Eileen - August 22, 2008
- Food just tastes better when you set it on fire by Deb Eileen - August 1, 2008
- Heavy Lifting and Monty Python…by Deb Eileen - July 18, 2008