I’m like gum on your shoe- you just can’t get rid of me.
I’ll admit when my publication date was pushed back I was disappointed. If by disappointed you can picture me throwing myself to the floor and yelling out “Why God Why?” I described it like being pregnant going to see the doctor and having him tell you “whoops we figured that out wrong- turns out you won’t give birth next week, it will be more like next year.” Ha ha ha.
Here’s the secret to the publishing industry- you can’t do a darn thing about it. The publisher is doing what makes the most sense from the business perspective. The fact that I had already started a daily countdown to publication did not factor into their decision making process. I can’t complain too much- I got a nifty new cover AND I get to be the deb that carries on with the new deb class for just a bit longer. So you’ll be stuck with me a bit longer- until February when my novel (say it together with me) Unpredictable, hits the shelves.
I’ll be sharing my deb slot between now and February with The Divine Jess Riley. I met Jess online. We haven’t met in person- so as far as I know she’s strictly my imaginary friend. It seems only fair as I couldn’t imagine a better person to share my slot with. You’ll want to check out her book as well. I’ve had a sneak peak and it’s divine. More about her next week!
What is one thing you want to accomplish between now and February (other than pre-order my book of course)?
Latest posts by Eileen (see all)
- The Second Time Around - Saturday, January 3, 2009
- Cancer is a Bitch- but Gail isn’t by Deb Eileen - Saturday, October 4, 2008
- I Never Knew When To Leave A Party- By (long term) Deb Eileen - Friday, August 22, 2008
- Food just tastes better when you set it on fire by Deb Eileen - Friday, August 1, 2008
- Heavy Lifting and Monty Python…by Deb Eileen - Friday, July 18, 2008