I didn’t put my name in the title, but I’m sure you have no doubt who’s writing here.
The year has come full circle, and although I could fill volumes with my thoughts about the process … what I’ve learned, the friends I’ve made, and how much I’ve loved this year at the debutante ball, I think it far more fitting to end my posts the way they started.
Besides, if a picture is worth a thousand words, I’ll say far more this way.
Being a debut author is a little like a reef.
Seen from a distance, the experience is lovely.
And as you get closer to release, you discover there’s more to see than meets the eye.
You defeat the tentacled edit-monster …
peek from the weeds to read a review or two (hopefully mostly good ones!)…
and watch your beloved story bloom into a real book.
And best of all, you make new friends who share the process with you:
Thank you all for reading my posts and sharing my debut year. Your friendship and companionship means more than I can express.
Latest posts by Susan Spann (see all)
- So Long, And Thanks for All the Fish. - August 29, 2013
- Class of 2013’s Farewell Newsflash: August 25, 2013 - August 25, 2013
- Deb Susan’s Fish … are Friends - August 22, 2013
- Deb Linda’s QUICK FIX - August 17, 2013
- Deb Susan’s Journey is Full of Stars - August 15, 2013