I am in need of some water therapy today. Have you heard of the book by Dr. Masaru Emoto, The Hidden Messages in Water? He self-published his first book in Japan, without peer-review, and it generated some discussion for a couple of years. It hit the big time when it showed up in the movie, What the Bleep Do We Know.
In a nutshell, Dr. Emoto believes that water can absorb, hold, and even retransmit human feelings and emotions. He found that crystals formed in frozen water reveal changes when specific, concentrated thoughts are directed toward it. Music, visual images, words written on paper, and photographs also have an impact on the crystal structure.
He found that water from clear springs and water exposed to loving words shows brilliant, complex, and colorful snowflake patterns, while polluted water and water exposed to negative thoughts forms incomplete, asymmetrical patterns with dull colors. Dr. Emoto believes that since people are 70% water, and the Earth is 70% water (hello, I never put that together before!), we can heal our planet and ourselves by consciously expressing love and goodwill.
What do you think? Can our thoughts and intentions affect water? Is it as simple as a thought?
Latest posts by Mia (see all)
- Deb Mia is Still Dancing … and a Giveaway! - Tuesday, April 5, 2011
- The Good Life by Deb Mia - Thursday, August 21, 2008
- Here’s a Little Something to Warm You Up by Deb Mia - Saturday, December 22, 2007
- Mama Mia – Here We Go Again by Founder Mia - Saturday, November 17, 2007
- PMS is a Good Thing by Founder Mia - Saturday, September 8, 2007