I like to tell myself that I didn’t commit any crimes, that the things I did fell more into the area of “pranks.” Who doesn’t like a good prank after all?
Prankster sounds so much better than say- delinquent. Examples of some escapades include:
– If you pour baby powder at the base of someone’s closed door, and then blow it under the door with a hair dryer it will coat everything in the room in a fine dusting. This is very funny if it isn’t your room.
– I’ve been known to dress other school’s mascots in various ladies undergarments. This is very funny to college students- although copious amounts of beer make it even funnier.
-We once decorated a friend’s car to be an exact replica of the Partridge Family Van complete with song lyrics.
In high school I learned a very valuable lesson from illegal activity, I mean a prank. A friend told a group of us that the secret to most things in life is to act like you know what you are doing. If you act like you know what you are doing, people pretty much leave you alone. To prove this point he walked into a large department store in our local mall. He undressed a mannequin and then marched back out the front door with it under his arm. No one said a thing.
We all then followed suit- walking in, stripping a mannequin, and marching out. No one stopped us or asked what we were doing. We then had a small conversational grouping of mannequins, so we took them behind the mall, posed them at the back door like naked, sexless zombies. We then called the store and ran away.
Many time since then I’ve bluffed my way through situations by acting confident. Fake it till you make it. Too often we let fear stop us from reaching for what we want. We imagine others will stop us or get in the way. My advice is to go for it. Who knows what you’ll end up with?
I have however, held off on acquiring any further mannequins.
Latest posts by Eileen (see all)
- The Second Time Around - January 3, 2009
- Cancer is a Bitch- but Gail isn’t by Deb Eileen - October 4, 2008
- I Never Knew When To Leave A Party- By (long term) Deb Eileen - August 22, 2008
- Food just tastes better when you set it on fire by Deb Eileen - August 1, 2008
- Heavy Lifting and Monty Python…by Deb Eileen - July 18, 2008