This week at the Debutante Ball, we decided to do a good old writing prompt. The promt chosen was the word “orange.”
For me, orange is the color of home. We recently completed a renovation of a 1929 bungalow. And by “we” I mean we hired a general contractor to do the work. But still, there were many decisions to make over the course of the year-long project, from when we closed to when we moved in just a couple of weeks ago. One of the last decisions to make was what color to paint the front door. Bright marigold seemed the perfect shade–a cheery hue, esepcially in the brutal Midwestern winter we’re having.
Can you tell I like orange?
It’s the smell of clementines as my young son smacks on a segment, the juice dripping off his chin. Orange is Dreamsicles, sherbet, sunflowers. Cheese. Glorious cheese.
Orange is happiness.
Orange says welcome.
Latest posts by Susan Gloss (see all)
- Where Are They Now? Deb Susan Gloss Talks Foreign Editions & a Fashion Shoot - Wednesday, May 6, 2015
- Until Later: Cocktails and Cheez-Its - Wednesday, August 27, 2014
- When a Project Needs Some Air - Wednesday, August 20, 2014
- No Looking Back - Wednesday, August 13, 2014
- “After the Final No…” Some thoughts on rejection - Wednesday, August 6, 2014