I interrupt our usual Sunday programming (um, there usually IS no Sunday program, but you know what I mean) to bring you an extra special surprise post of great importance, wisdom, and wit. First, I read something so fabulous I had to share, and then I got tagged by the talented JT Ellison, and, well, I break out in hives if I don’t do what I’m told, so, without further ado and self-indulgent, freshly cleaned keyboard tapping…
Do check out Derek Nikitas’s post on Killer Year today; lovely writing, excellent food-for-thought.
List 5 things you’d like to do someday. The dreams you’d like to realize. The goals you’ve set for yourself.
1) I want to make a decent living by writing novels
2) I want to maintain a happy, healthy, fun, engaged marriage
3) I want to remain mentally and physically healthy and active
4) I want to see Alaska
5) I want to live on the beach
Name one thing you’d love to do, but you know will NEVER happen:
I would love to cliff dive, but I never will. I will not overcome my fears and fly, unencumbered off terra firma and plunge into shimmering turquoise waters. I will not emerge from the surf and towel off my bronzed, toned body, clad in a black, simple yet elegant one-piece, my eyes alight with wonder and joy, and tell the others waiting for me on the beach, their faces filled with admiration and longing, to Just Do It, using the towel to squeeze water from my long hair as I bend sideways without any apparent ripple in my waist, breathlessly ending with, “It’s amazing!”
No. I will not do these things.
Because I want to live.
Latest posts by Kristy (see all)
- In Which Founder Kristy Gets All Mushy - Saturday, January 17, 2009
- Beyond The Ball - Saturday, August 23, 2008
- And So We Come To The End by Founder Kristy - Saturday, December 29, 2007
- Wish on a Shooting Star by Founder Kristy - Saturday, November 24, 2007
- My Big Chill Epiphany by Founder Kristy - Saturday, October 20, 2007