After spending many years and numerous manuscripts to reach the point where I can proclaim, “I’m a published author!” it’s a bit surreal that my debut year — and my time on the Debutante Ball — is winding down. It’s been our goals to give everyone a glimpse into our author lives, our book journeys, and even into our personal lives. We’ve shared our publishing fears, our covers, our celebrity dream readers, questions we had about the industry (aka, I interviewed my editor), deleted scenes, details into our characters, what we’ve learned, personal moments (like, the day I quit writing), and more! We covered a ton of topics, and I hope you’ve all enjoyed being along for the ride (or catching up now if you’re new to the Deb Ball).
If you’re not sick of me yet, I’ve cobbled together other highs, essays, and hoorays while publishing BECOMING BONNIE, which is the untold story of how Bonnie Parker became half of the infamous Bonnie and Clyde duo during the 1920s.
- BookPage: Who Was Bonnie Before Clyde?
- AudioFile Magazine: Earphones Award Winner
- Tor/Forge Blog: Question & Answer about BECOMING BONNIE
- Tor/Forge Blog: What if ‘Bonnie and Clyde’ was ‘Connie and Clyde’
- The Weird History Podcast: Jenni L. Walsh on BECOMING BONNIE
- Writer’s Digest: How I Got My Literary Agent
- DIYMFA Podcast: An Interview with editor, Bess Cozby, and, author, Jenni L. Walsh
- History Author Show Podcast
- BookBub: The Most-Anticipated Books of Summer 2017, 20 of the Biggest Historical Fiction Books Coming Out This Summer, 19 Historical Fiction Books You Could Read in One Sitting, 9 New Historical Books Coming Out This May, 9 Books for ‘Downton Abbey’ Fans, 7 Upcoming Historical Fiction Books Inspired by Real-Life Women, 7 Very Good Books About 7 Very Bad Real-Life Ladies
- Quiz: Which Member of Bonnie and Clyde’s Gang Are You?
- Women Writers, Women Books: The Bonnie and Clyde from BECOMING BONNIE
- We So Nerdy: Bonnie Parker: Rebel with a Cause?
- Heroes & Heartbreakers: Bonnie and Clyde: History’s Most Infamous Couple
It’s surely been a jam-packed, wonderful (and emotionally exhausting) debut year, in which I feel very grateful, and I’m excited to be working on my sophomore novel. While BECOMING BONNIE is Bonnie’s origin story, this next novel, SIDE BY SIDE, will continue Bonnie’s story into the infamous crime spree with Clyde Barrow. I hope you’ll keep an eye out for it in Spring 2018 🙂
Latest posts by Jenni L. Walsh (see all)
- Jenni L. Walsh Says Goodbye (For Now) - August 31, 2017
- Interview with Former Deb Kerry Schafer + #DebBallGiveaway of WORLD TREE GIRL & I WISH YOU HAPPY - August 26, 2017
- A Snapshot of Jenni L. Walsh’s Debut Year - August 24, 2017
- Interview with Hazel Gaynor + #DebBallGiveaway of THE COTTINGLEY SECRET - August 19, 2017
- Happy reading, #histfic fans! - August 17, 2017