“Love Actually,” is actually one of my favorite love movies ever. Maybe its always been my secret fantasy to land an adorable politician who thinks my fat butt is completely irresistible—but anyhow, since its Valentine’s Week, I thought I’d share my Top 10 favorite mushy love flicks of all time with you and maybe you’ll go out and rent something to watch with your sweetie this weekend.
God knows with kids and the constant fatigue and exhaustion life in general brings, who the heck has time or energy to go out for some extended dinner at some fancy restaurant when all you wanna do is throw on your jammies on and cuddle on the couch. Anyhow, here goes.. enjoy, and Happy Love Day!
MARIA’S TOP 10 MUSHY LOVE FLICKS (besides Love Actually)
*Listed in no particular order.
1. “Love Affair” — Could real-life couple Annette Bening and Warren Beatty be any friggin cuter in this movie? I think not.
2. “Legends of the Fall”– All I can say is T R I S T A N. How could one house be filled with such hot men all at once???
3. “Pretty Woman” — Trite yes, but this movie gave hookers everywhere definite hope that someday they’ll be rescued by Richard Gere and treated to a deluxe shopping spree on Rodeo Drive.
4. “Moulin Rouge” — I hated it at first and couldn’t make it through the first 15 minutes, but then I gave it another shot and couldn’t get enough of Ewan McGregor and his school-boy obsession. Fantastic soundtrack too!
5. “Fools Rush In” — Recently watched it again with my hubby.. and we seriously believe they stole our story! Well, besides the whole Vegas thing, and the sexy blond stalking him.
6. “Corrina Corrina” — I just can’t get enough of Ray Liotta falling for Whoppi. Scandelous and sexy!
7. “The Notebook” — It’s STILL not over!
8. “Beauty and The Beast” – Can’t help it. I’m a Disney fan to the core and the cranky beast reminds me of my husband.
9. “Bridges of Madison County”– I needed 5 boxes of tissues at the end when Francesca gets the package from Robert and you know he’s gone. I could cry right now.
10. “Ghost” — Ditto.