It’s home improvement week here at The Debutante Ball and it started me thinking all the things that need to be improved upon in my house. There are dated bathrooms (mauve toilet, anyone?) and drafty windows. There are some cracks in the paint, and cabinet hardware from the 70s. That’s not to mean my house isn’t wonderful, because it is. But, these improvements are not on my mental or wallet to-do list.
But this was:
When you have a kid who’s off at college, and you’re writing and editing and revising in his old bedroom, there’s no more perfect project than changing a bedroom into a writing room.
So that’s that I did.
We started with a very sporty and Indiana University bedroom (perfect for a teenage boy and his dogs, I must say).
We (meaning, I) took everything off the walls (7,000 posters, pictures, baseball plaques, and other assorted memorabilia) and filled in those 7,000 (no exaggeration) holes.
After after much longer than anticipated and giving in and hiring a painter, I had this:
And suddenly, the mauve toilet doesn’t matter much anymore.
What’s the one thing in your house you wish you could change? Mine is definitely the mauve toilet. Did I mention the matching jumbo tub and sinks? Didn’t think so. I tend to leave those out.
Latest posts by AmyN (see all)
- So Long And Farewell From Deb Amy - August 30, 2013
- Deb Amy Likes The Rest Stops Along The Way - August 16, 2013
- Deb Amy Flips For Friday! Ten Things You Might Not Know About The Glass Wives! - August 9, 2013
- Deb Amy Goes All Cliché About Endings - August 2, 2013
- Deb Amy Bends When The Wind Blows. Or At Least She Tries. - July 26, 2013