As you’re sitting down to a Turkey dinner with your friends and family, maybe you’re thinking about this past year, and what you’re grateful for. I am too. And what a year it’s been! A book! A pregnancy! (Both will make their arrivals in 2011.) Continued work for the magazines I love. New friendships. Healthy kids who were moderately well behaved (I’ll give ’em a B+ this year–Santa, are you reading?). No major tragedies other than a speed bump or two along the way (no biggie). I’m thankful for all of this, of course, but I guess, as simple as this sounds, as I think about 2010, I have to say that I’m grateful for life–to be in the game, to be looking ahead to what’s to come, to wake up every day with the anticipation of something new around the corner. The older I get (turning 33 next year), the more I appreciate how fortunate I am to just be here. So, with that enormous thought, I wanted to share one of my very favorite songs–an old one by the great Shirley Horn called “Here’s to Life.” It reminds me of how grateful I am to be living this life–even on the bad days–and how much I have to be thankful for.
What are you grateful for about this past year?
Latest posts by Sarah Jio (see all)
- Deb Sarah Says (Sniffle) Goodbye … and Hello - August 25, 2011
- Deb Sarah Steals Character Traits for Her Books From Friends & Family - August 18, 2011
- Deb Sarah Congratulates Deb Tawna, and Has a Confession… - August 4, 2011
- Deb Sarah Is Having a POPULAZZI Love Fest! - July 28, 2011
- Deb Sarah’s Dream Notebook - July 21, 2011