I’ve always envied people who dream about fun things like flying or showing up naked to work.
Though my dreams start out normal, there’s usually a point where my subconscious shifts and says, “You know what would make this dream about browsing the library even better? Gnomes! And let’s line the floor with Pop-Tarts. And what if all the books grew wings and started flying around sqwaking about a shoe sale at Macy’s?
I always seem to remember my dreams, which isn’t necessarily a good thing. My most common recurring dream involves having my teeth fall out. Sometimes it starts with just one loose tooth, and other times my whole mouthful crumbles to dust. Since I’ve had variations of the dream from the time I was young, my subconscious has gotten crafty. I’ll be in the middle of the tooth dream firmly convinced I’m awake, and I’ll find myself thinking, “wow, I’ve been having this dream my whole life and now it’s really happened!”
I’ll also confess that my dreams often take on a decidedly risqué tone. My only wish is that I had more control over the starring characters. While dreaming about a wild tryst in a spaceship is appealing if I’m cast opposite George Clooney, I’m not so thrilled to wake and realize I was just knocking boots with Steve Buscemi.
What sort of dreams do you tend to have? Naughty, nice, or just plain weird? Please share!
Latest posts by Tawna Fenske (see all)
- Deb Tawna goes out kicking and screaming - August 26, 2011
- Deb Tawna wants you to love her man (just keep your hands off!) - August 19, 2011
- Wanderlust is Deb Tawna’s second favorite form of lust - August 12, 2011
- Deb Tawna has release week brain freeze - August 5, 2011
- Deb Tawna wants to have a slumber party with Deb Elise’s narrator - July 29, 2011