It’s been fun, moving on, we’ll see you around.
Let’s do lunch sometime, shall we?
This break up was inevitable, though – we always knew we only had a year. And what an eventful year it has been.
- I was diagnosed with breast cancer, underwent a double mastectomy with reconstruction, and am now walking around with synthetic boobs. This would have been enough excitement for at least five years of living. But no, there’s more.
- I published my first book. This was significantly more fun than the first item on my list, just in case you are considering doing anything to shake up your existence and are wondering which option to go for.
- I completed an RN refresher course, took the Nursing Board Examinations, and changed jobs from counseling to family practice nursing. This was also more fun than item number one. Most things are.
- I wrote my first novel “under contract,” which is a very different animal than just writing a book hoping for a contract.
- I sent my youngest child off to college.
- I wrote my first ever novella, and then wrote two more. Because, you know, if one is good then three must be better.
- I had to put down an awesome dog, and got an awesome new dog. Grief, joy. All mixed up together, which is how it usually is.
- I discovered White Russians. The beverage, not the human. And they are awesome. Fattening. But awesome.
- I made four new writer friends here at the Ball. And a whole bunch more of them elsewhere.
- Random Penguin came to stay.
Most of this has been fun. All of it has been growth inducing. I shall always be grateful for the help and support and camaraderie along the way. Here’s hoping the new Debs have a stellar and exciting year, but with only the good things as the dance goes on.
What about you? What were the highlights of your year?