- dessert, cooking shows, and/or baking
- winter sports such as snowshoeing, skiing and sledding
- breakup songs by Gladys Knight and the Pips
- illustration, painting, sculpting, photography, pottery, and the artistic process in general
- spending time with children
- belonging to a library or church
- small communities
- supporting special causes
- New England
- New Orleans
- dogs, especially greyhounds
- catching up with old friends
- falling in love or realizing you love someone
People magazine calls it “tasty” in the Great Reads section of this week’s (8/14) issue, and Library Journal says it’s “strong, richly detailed, with a truly lovable heroine.” It has enjoyed five straight weeks on the Spiegel bestseller list in Germany (danke, Germany).
I hope you read Simply From Scratch, and I hope you love it, too!