This week we’re supposed to be writing about books similar to our own, and discussing their merits. Honestly, I’ve never come across a book as crafty and hilariously insidious as mine (shameless self-promotion) but I do happen to have some favorite funny books which I turn to on many occassions looking to laugh like a fool and find renewed writing inspiration.
Here (in no particular order) are my top 10 giggle-licious offerings:
1. SeinLanguage — Jerry Seinfeld
2. A Year in the Merde — Stephen Clarke
3. Are you there Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea — Chelsea Handler
4. Me Talk Pretty One Day — David Sedaris
5. Fatherhood — Bill Cosby
6. My Point…And I do Have One — Ellen Degeneres
7. Cyanide and Happiness — Kris Wilson, Rob DenBleyker and Matt Melvin
8. I am America (and so can you) — Stephen Colbert
9. Babyhood — Paul Reiser
10. Stay Fit and Healthy Until You’re Dead — Dave Barry
ENJOY… and read as often as laughs are needed!