This is the cover for THE GLASS WIVES:
And now, look at the original cover for THE GLASS WIVES:
Do you see the difference?
Most people say that the cups are turned differently. They’re not. It’s simply that now the cup on the right is blue, not pink. What happened? The powers that be, and are, decided that the cups were not representative of the different women in THE GLASS WIVES. The women are different, so the cups should be different. This sent me into a minor tizzy at first, but that’s because I’m a literal gal. I did not believe that my main character, Evie, would have more than one set of china cups! How could that be? Oh, right. It’s not literal. Then, along with Facebook friends and fans and the readers of my personal blog, Women’s Fiction Writers, we had to decide which cup was going to change to blue. There was a poll, there was banter, there was a lot of eye rolling. In the end, people I trust and my own esthetic sense, and gut, opted for the blue cup on the right. And now the pink/pink cover looks, well, just too darn pink!
What do you think? Do you like literal covers or something more artistic/representative of the book in some way?
Latest posts by AmyN (see all)
- So Long And Farewell From Deb Amy - August 30, 2013
- Deb Amy Likes The Rest Stops Along The Way - August 16, 2013
- Deb Amy Flips For Friday! Ten Things You Might Not Know About The Glass Wives! - August 9, 2013
- Deb Amy Goes All Cliché About Endings - August 2, 2013
- Deb Amy Bends When The Wind Blows. Or At Least She Tries. - July 26, 2013