For the last year or so, I found that watching TV give me more enjoyment than, well, anything honestly. TV has always been a beautiful escapism from life. However, while I sit around binging series on Netflix, I should be writing or at the very least working out to lose the 15-pounds I’ve gained, eating my feelings through my debut year. I’ve become dependent on the joy TV brings me, akin to a drug.
Rather than put my Crunch gym membership to good use, here are some of the shows that has had my full attention:
- Harlots-It’s a show about whores and I’m always a little conflicted watching it but it’s such a sexy fun time!
- Big Little Lies-Finally catching up to the show everyone had been talking about based on the novel.
- The Handmaid’s Tale-another show based on a novel, set in a dystopian society that in the age of TRUMP feels unsettlingly too realistic.
- The Leftovers-I love the madness in this show. Nothing makes sense and I love it!
- Thirteen Reasons Why-This is bone-crushing-ingly horrific yet amazing at the same time.
Latest posts by Tiffany D. Jackson (see all)
- My Debut Year: The Highs!!! And Byeeeeeeee!! - Friday, September 1, 2017
- My Debut Year: The Lows - Friday, August 25, 2017
- These Things I Have Read - Friday, August 18, 2017
- Interview with Brandy Colbert + #DebBallGiveaway of Little & Lion - Saturday, August 12, 2017
- Déjà vu: A Poem - Friday, August 11, 2017