Aloha! Today my debut novel, The Atlas of Reds and Blues, is released — and tonight there’s a big book birthday party planned at Books Inc. in Mountain View, CA to celebrate the journey thus far. What began as a short story I wrote for a workshop in 2004 will have a life of its own, separate from me. It is a surreal feeling to look back and realize one year ago today, I had just secured a literary agent and a book contract. I am thankful that my novel has found champions: So much gratitude to Reiko Davis and Meredith Kaffel Simonoff and the whole team at DeFiore. So much gratitude to the big three, for championing my little experiment and loving the book as I do: Jennifer Alton & the entire Counterpoint Press family and Rhiannon Smith & the dedicated folks at Fleet and Little, Brown UK and to my newest friends at Hachette India. I don’t know the road ahead, but I look forward to tonight and the coming days and weeks and months. I hope the book will find readers, and find a place in those readers’ hearts. Mahalo.
Latest posts by Devi Laskar (see all)
- Attacus Atlas & Other Inventions: Indie Love - Tuesday, April 23, 2019
- Attacus Atlas & Other Inventions: on money and madness - Tuesday, April 16, 2019
- Attacus Atlas & Other Inventions: The Dream Peddler…is captivating - Tuesday, April 9, 2019
- Attacus Atlas & Other Inventions: Search & Research - Tuesday, April 2, 2019
- Attacus Atlas & Other Inventions: A Perfect Day - Tuesday, March 26, 2019