It’s that time of year, when we resolve to do better when we change out the wall calendar in a few weeks time.
No matter which book you pick up and how many exercises you skim and skip, just remember one thing:
you have to write. Preferably for a little bit every day.
Here are a few podcasts, blogs, books that may interest you:
My favorites remain Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott,
Steering the Craft by Ursula LeGuin,
A Poet’s Companion by Dorianne Laux and Kim Addonizio,
and The Triggering Town by Richard Hugo.
My favorite podcasts are the ones found on StorymakersShow by Elizabeth Stark and Angie Powers!!
Others to consider: A round-up just posted in Electric Literature! Celebrating diversity!!
and Scribendi did a round-up at the beginning of the year that covers readers as well as writers.
Latest posts by Devi Laskar (see all)
- Introducing Kathleen West: Author of MINOR DRAMAS & OTHER CATASTROPHES - Tuesday, August 27, 2019
- Attacus Atlas & Other Inventions: Mahalo and Aloha - Tuesday, August 20, 2019
- Attacus Atlas & Other Inventions: book baby birthday bash - Tuesday, August 13, 2019
- Attacus Atlas & Other Inventions: What Happens Next - Tuesday, August 6, 2019
- Attacus Atlas & Other Inventions: They Could Have Named Her Anything! - Tuesday, July 30, 2019