It’s that time of year, when we resolve to do better when we change out the wall calendar in a few weeks time.
No matter which book you pick up and how many exercises you skim and skip, just remember one thing:
you have to write. Preferably for a little bit every day.
Here are a few podcasts, blogs, books that may interest you:
My favorites remain Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott,
Steering the Craft by Ursula LeGuin,
A Poet’s Companion by Dorianne Laux and Kim Addonizio,
and The Triggering Town by Richard Hugo.
My favorite podcasts are the ones found on StorymakersShow by Elizabeth Stark and Angie Powers!!
Others to consider: A round-up just posted in Electric Literature! Celebrating diversity!!
and Scribendi did a round-up at the beginning of the year that covers readers as well as writers.
Latest posts by Devi Laskar (see all)
- Attacus Atlas & Other Inventions: The Perfect Assassin is….Well, Perfect - Tuesday, March 19, 2019
- Attacus Atlas & Other Inventions: IRL, 1966-2010 - Tuesday, March 12, 2019
- Attacus Atlas & Other Inventions: One foot in Gryffendor…. - Tuesday, March 5, 2019
- Attacus Atlas & Other Inventions: Art as Solace, Art as Inspiration - Tuesday, February 26, 2019
- Attacus Atlas & Other Inventions: And the Oscar goes to…. - Tuesday, February 19, 2019