It’s that time of year, when we resolve to do better when we change out the wall calendar in a few weeks time.
No matter which book you pick up and how many exercises you skim and skip, just remember one thing:
you have to write. Preferably for a little bit every day.
Here are a few podcasts, blogs, books that may interest you:
My favorites remain Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott,
Steering the Craft by Ursula LeGuin,
A Poet’s Companion by Dorianne Laux and Kim Addonizio,
and The Triggering Town by Richard Hugo.
My favorite podcasts are the ones found on StorymakersShow by Elizabeth Stark and Angie Powers!!
Others to consider: A round-up just posted in Electric Literature! Celebrating diversity!!
and Scribendi did a round-up at the beginning of the year that covers readers as well as writers.
Latest posts by Devi Laskar (see all)
- Attacus Atlas & Other Inventions: Study, Steady - Tuesday, May 21, 2019
- Attacus Atlas & Other Inventions: Writing Time - Tuesday, May 14, 2019
- Attacus Atlas & Other Inventions: easter eggs - Tuesday, May 7, 2019
- Attacus Atlas & Other Inventions: Southern belle - Tuesday, April 30, 2019
- Attacus Atlas & Other Inventions: Indie Love - Tuesday, April 23, 2019