From year to year, my resolutions don’t seem to change much. In general, they’re a collective vow to take advantage of the time I’ve been given — however much of it remains.
This year my resolutions came early. One November morning I found myself making a list of things I would like to start doing, toward the goal of self-betterment. Because the better I conduct myself, the more positively I affect the world around me.
Among those things: at least one belly-laugh per day. While I do laugh a fair amount on any given day, it’s usually a chuckle, or a giggle, or a sort of breathless squeal. Those are all great. But the belly-laugh — where you can’t help but throw your head back and just give into it — has therapeutic, cathartic qualities. When I belly-laugh, I feel different afterwards. My head feels clearer, and my body lighter.
This is rated PG; the penguins kill me. And of course I have a couple funny friends who can make me belly-laugh simply by raising their eyebrows a certain way.
What, or who, makes you belly-laugh?
And, what are your new year’s resolutions?
Happy New Year, everybody!
Latest posts by Alicia Bessette (see all)
- Signing off … and signing on - Wednesday, August 25, 2010
- If you like my book, you may also like … - Wednesday, August 18, 2010
- Party with Alicia … and the new Debs! - Wednesday, August 11, 2010
- My book! Cupcakes! Contests! - Wednesday, August 4, 2010
- Trashpicked treasures - Wednesday, July 28, 2010