If you’re reading this, it’s the day after my birthday and I’m sipping rum on a beach in San Juan, Puerto Rico, hopefully not too hung over after salsa-ing the night away. Which is a great lead into my music writing soundtrack!
Now I typically don’t listen to music while I write. I find it too distracting. But lately, since I’m writing a book about a Cuban girl who dances, I’ve had to find ways to transport myself to Havana. Here are the three soundtracks that have been on repeat, helping me do that just that:
1) This video has some of Cuba’s most famous songs for traditional Casino Salsa.
2) This video features the two dance teachers I studied with in Cuba back in 2014, demonstrating a guaguanco rumba.
3) This video has the best samples of Bembe and Bata drum
But while I’m here in San Juan, I’m LOVING Despacito!!!!!
Latest posts by Tiffany D. Jackson (see all)
- My Debut Year: The Highs!!! And Byeeeeeeee!! - Friday, September 1, 2017
- My Debut Year: The Lows - Friday, August 25, 2017
- These Things I Have Read - Friday, August 18, 2017
- Interview with Brandy Colbert + #DebBallGiveaway of Little & Lion - Saturday, August 12, 2017
- Déjà vu: A Poem - Friday, August 11, 2017