I don’t do this often, but I am going off-topic this week to talk about food and writing. I’ve already blogged about this (Writing and Recipes – The Perfect Pairing) but I can’t help it – I have food on the brain.
At the back of my novel, GOOD THINGS, there is a selection of recipes from the book. They’re all taken from the story line, which revolves around my main character, Deidre McIntosh, host of a lifestyle and cooking cable TV show. The recipes are one of the talking points for a lot of readers, and it’s helped with a favorable review or two as well.
I’ve taken to asking for a recipe on the handful of interviews I’ve done with fellow authors, and I definitely plan to do more. I’m also about to head off to a book club meeting where they’ve prepared three things from the book. I don’t know what stresses me out more – the conversation about the book or the conversation about the recipes!
So tell me what you think – do cooking and writing go together? Do you have a favorite pairing already? Here are a few to get you started:
- Raven’s Uneaten Ratatouille from Jennifer McMahon’s PROMISE NOT TO TELL
- Perry L. Crandall’s Spaghetti Night Spaghetti from Patricia Wood’s LOTTERY
- Shrimp Cocktail Done Correctly from Kristy Kiernan’s CATCHING GENIUS
- Deidre’s Almond and Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies from (ahem) GOOD THINGS
Latest posts by Mia (see all)
- Deb Mia is Still Dancing … and a Giveaway! - Tuesday, April 5, 2011
- The Good Life by Deb Mia - Thursday, August 21, 2008
- Here’s a Little Something to Warm You Up by Deb Mia - Saturday, December 22, 2007
- Mama Mia – Here We Go Again by Founder Mia - Saturday, November 17, 2007
- PMS is a Good Thing by Founder Mia - Saturday, September 8, 2007