Last weekend, when we had our awesome Deb Meet-Up, after stuffing our face with delicious Chinese food, while taking in the beautiful rooftop view of Amy’s building, I admitted to Lynn that I waited last to read her novel because I knew how gut wrenching and triggering it would be. Imagine that? My own book ALLEGEDLY is already hard-hitting fiction, but real like, Lynn’s life, scared me. Every other chapter I found myself mumbling, “Damn Lynn…” or “Got Damn it!” shaking my head in anger. Her story is a necessary and imperative read for women during the time of Trump. (However long that will be.)
I wanted to figure out ways to support Lynn, her message, and boost her accomplishments. The WORLD needed to know about Lynn. How could anyone be this strong, this brave, this triumphant after all she lived through? It blows my mind how she takes it all in stride. Even this past week at AWP, while I was a totally stressed out mess, Lynn was there to calm me down and make me feel better. I kept thinking, wait a minute, shouldn’t I be checking on you, calming you, saving you???
But Lynn doesn’t need saving. She’s her own super hero!
Latest posts by Tiffany D. Jackson (see all)
- My Debut Year: The Highs!!! And Byeeeeeeee!! - Friday, September 1, 2017
- My Debut Year: The Lows - Friday, August 25, 2017
- These Things I Have Read - Friday, August 18, 2017
- Interview with Brandy Colbert + #DebBallGiveaway of Little & Lion - Saturday, August 12, 2017
- Déjà vu: A Poem - Friday, August 11, 2017