Brava to Karma Brown for writing such a beautiful book. I put off reading this story for a long time because I knew I would cry — and I need to be in the right mind set for that kind of book. Then I had my own launch, then revisions, and all of a sudden I had two days to read her book. Eep! But I didn’t need to worry, once I started reading COME AWAY WITH ME, I couldn’t stop.
So without further ado, five things I loved about COME AWAY WITH ME.
1. The food. Well, what did you expect? Of course I’m gonna love the food. There is satisfying chai tea in Thailand, mouthwatering pasta and wine in Italy, and egg-battered coconut loaf covered in brown sugar and butter-fried bananas in Hawaii. Yum! Plus the shout out to Garrett’s popcorn in Chicago made me so happy — they really do have the best caramel and cheese popcorn mix!
2. The bucket list. I love this idea and want to institute this immediately. I love the adventures it leads the characters on.
3. This paragraph. “How do you explain that if you could, you’d cut your chest open and pour the ashes right inside so they could forever lie next to you heart? Like a blanket to smother the chill of sorrow. You can’t, so you don’t.” My heart!
4. The complexity of emotion. Karma does a brilliant job of writing authentic and varied emotions so we are feeling them as the characters are. It’s a gift. “If someone told me you could love and hate a person completely, at the same time, I would have said no way. But I would have been wrong.”
5. The end. Read this book sooner rather than later because you don’t want some asshat to spoil the end for you. You’ll thank me later.
I’m so proud of my friend and the brilliant book she wrote!
Latest posts by Amy Reichert (see all)
- Farewell, Dear Reader - Tuesday, September 1, 2015
- Five Reasons You Need to Read COME AWAY WITH ME Now! - Tuesday, August 25, 2015
- Break Out the Good Stuff — Again with Sonja Yoerg + Giveaway of MIDDLE OF SOMEWHERE - Saturday, August 22, 2015
- Seven Awesome Things About Being a Debut Author - Tuesday, August 18, 2015
- CONFESSIONS with Vicki Lesage + Book Giveaway - Saturday, August 15, 2015