So, married folks, you know how when some major household malfunction happens and you think, “Geez, some people are married to plumbers who can just FIX this and do it FREE and get it right the first time!”
When I sold my book, I became aware of these things called “book trailers” that were available on YouTube. They were little videos designed to get you all hepped up on whatever book they were advertising.
Now, my husband may not be an plumber, but we did meet in film school… do you see where I’m going with this?
About a month and a half ago, we decided to make a book trailer, and the result is a trailer that I happen to think is the finest ever made. (And I played a relatively minimal role so I’m allowed to say that.)
(If the embedded video below doesn’t work, just click here to go to YouTube.)
So, yeah, we’re talking about luck? I feel lucky. I think I lucked out by marrying a man who not only bought me the book that inspired me to finish my book and put it out there, but also by having such amazing and talented friends who were not only willing but excited to help out. Everything, from the set design to the cinematography to the music to the sound design to the voice-over to the hand modeling was done by people who just wanted to lend a hand.
I’m visiting New York City right now, but when I get back to LA, I’m going to do a series of blog posts about the making of the trailer. I hope you’ll join me for those.
How about you? What makes you feel lucky today?
Latest posts by Katie Alender (see all)
- The Debutante Ball Welcomes Katie Alender (giveaway!) - Saturday, June 18, 2011
- One last time across the floor, by Deb Katie - Tuesday, August 25, 2009
- The creative process… and I do mean “process,” by Deb Katie - Tuesday, August 18, 2009
- Pretty much anything but Lord of the Flies, by Deb Katie - Tuesday, August 11, 2009
- I’m not a vampire, but I still feel pretty darn sparkly, by Deb Katie - Tuesday, August 4, 2009